Slaton Englewood Cemetery came into existence with the first burial of an infant, J.W. Obrian, on May 10, 1912. Since that original beginning, there have been five additions of land between the years of 1914 and 1972. The land area encompassed at present is 49 acres.
There are graves of early settlers of the surrounding area to a present 6,830 burials. Spanish-American War, Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam War Veterans can all be found at rest here. There is a Potter's Field in the original cemetery area with unmarked graves, homemade markers, as well as wood, concrete, and stone markers.