City Commission Meeting agenda for January 11, 2021 meeting
NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF SLATON
Slaton City Commission regular meeting via video conference notice is hereby given in accordance with the Order of the Office of the Governor issued March 16, 2020.
A regular meeting of the Slaton City Commission will be held on Monday, January 11, 2021 at 6:30 P.M. by video conference to advance the public health goal of limiting face-to-face meetings also called “social distancing” to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). There will be no public access to the meeting described above.
This Notice and Meeting Agenda and Agenda Packet are posted online at https://cityofslaton.com
The video meeting is hosted through Zoom. The meeting can be viewed live at: https://tinyurl.com/sl8ncouncil
Meeting ID: 939 8866 1766
The public dial in numbers to participate in the telephonic meeting are:
+1 346 248 7799
+1 253 215 8782
+1 669 900 6833
+1 301 715 8592
+1 312 626 6799
+1 929 205 6099
Meeting ID: : 939 8866 1766
All callers will be muted for the duration of the meeting unless recognized by the presiding officer to speak.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of allegiance to US flag and Texas state flag
- Abstention and conflict of Interest
- Public Comment: The public will be permitted to offer public comments as permitted by the presiding officer during the meeting by contacting the Mayor via email at email@example.com no later than 3:00 p.m. on Monday, January 11, 2021 to get instructions. (limited to 5 minutes per person)
- Discuss and consider approval of the minutes of the Commission Meeting on December 14, 2020
- Discuss and consider approval of financial statement and monthly bills.
- Discuss and consider approval of the Public Investment Funds.
- Presentation of Audit for FY 2019-2020.
- Discuss and consider Resolution #011121 a resolution designating an official newspaper for the City of Slaton for the calendar year 2021.
- City Administrator’s Report
If during the course of the meeting, any discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in closed session, the Commission will convene in such executive or closed session in accordance with the following: 1)VTCA Government Code 551.071 – Consultations with legal counsel concerning pending or threatened litigation or matters where counsel’s duty to the City conflicts with the Open Meetings Act; 2) VTCA Government Code 551.072-Deliberations regarding the purchase, sale, lease or exchange of real property; 3) VTCA Government Code 551.073 – Deliberations regarding prospective gifts or donations; 4) VTCA Government Code 551.074 – Deliberations regarding personnel of the City; and 5) VTCA Government Code 551.076 – Deliberations regarding the deployment of security devices or the implementation of a security policy.