We are very proud of our Police Department and welcome the opportunity to share our success with the citizens of Slaton.
For questions that are not answered below, please contact the Slaton Police Department by phone at (806) 828-2020 or by fax at (806) 828-2023.
Please note that when you call the Slaton Police Department, to contact a Police Officer or if you need Law Enforcement response, please dial #1. You will be connected to the Lubbock County Sheriff’s Department.
It is the mission of the Slaton Police Department to:
- Improve and maintain a high quality of life for the citizens and visitors to the community
- Preserve for all citizens, the rights guaranteed by the U.S. and Texas Constitutions
- Be proactive in crime prevention and apprehend those who commit offenses against the citizens of Slaton
- Develop a relationship between the police and citizens based on mutual trust
- Make honesty and professionalism the building blocks for delivering effective and efficient services to the community
- Foster community involvement in developing and implementing police responses to community problems
- Create a department philosophy related to training, performance, and community relations that fosters cooperation, understanding, and the achievement of common goals
175 N. 8th
Slaton, TX 79364
Ph: (806) 828-2020
Fx: (806) 828-2023
Monday – Thursday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Police Reports – Accidents/Crashes
You may obtain a copy of a Texas Peace Officer’s Crash Report (CR-3) by using the TxDOT Crash Report Online Purchase System. Customers using the online system receive their report(s) via email following the purchase. As of January 2023, the cost for a Crash Report is $6, or $8 for a certified copy (an official document often required for legal proceedings, etc.).
Those unable to use the online system may submit a request by mail. Visit, then scroll down to the section titled “How to file a subpoena or affidavit for crash records” for instructions. Note that the CR-91 form linked is not editable in most internet browsers, and needs to be downloaded and edited in Adobe Acrobat Reader or a compatible software.
Police Reports – Incident and Offense
Where can I pick up a copy of a police report?
Copies of police reports can be obtained Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at:
Slaton Police Department
175 N. 8th St.
Slaton, TX 79364
* You must fill out an Open Records Request and allow 10 business days for your request to be completed.
What is the cost for a police report?
Incident and Offense reports are available for $0.10 per page.
Are police reports available over the Internet?
Incident and Offense reports are not available over the Internet at this time. You will need to download and fill out the Open Records Request Form and bring it to the station, mail it or email it to email@example.com. Please allow 10 business days for your request to be filled.
Other Reports and Services
Can I obtain driver’s license and criminal history information?
Driver’s license and state and national criminal history information is not available from the Slaton Police Department because of our teletype agreement with the Texas Department of Public Safety. The Department of Public Safety in Austin does have this information available, and you can contact them at (512) 424-2000.
Does the Slaton Police Department offer fingerprinting services?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer fingerprinting services at this time.