The Utility Administration Department is responsible for the following:
- Water Service Application
- Utility billing and collections
- Customer service requests
- Cemetery records and plot payments
- Issuing certified copies of birth and death certificates
- Issuing garage sale permits
- Issuing dance permits
If you have questions or for more information, please view our FAQs or contact the Utility Administration Department at (806) 828-2000.
Jimmie Patterson, Supervisor
130 S. 9th St.
Slaton, TX 79364
Ph: (806) 828-2000
Fx: (806) 828-2002
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Lobby Hours
7:30 am – 5:30 pm Drive Up Window Hours
Capital Improvement Program
Fees shall be assessed and collected on all customers at $12.61 per month.
Fees shall be assessed and collected on all customers as defined:
- First 2,000 gallons – $22.00(minimum)
- 3,000-15,000 gallons – $4.24 per thousand
- 16,000 gallons and up- $5.25 per thousand
- Standard Residential 3/4 inch (includes labor and meter) – $1,000.00
- 1 inch tap $1,250.00
- 2 inch or larger $400.00 + (Meter and Materials)
A customer may make a written demand that the meter reading for which he/she has been billed be re-read.
Should the re-reading indicate the billing reflected an over charge, the bill should be adjusted to reflect the true reading. Should the re-reading indicate the billing was not in error (or was too low), an additional charge of $5 shall be charged to the corrected billing.
Billings to customers shall be mailed on a timely basis, and will be due on dates established by the City Administrator.
If a bill is not paid within 10 days of the due date, a late notice shall be mailed stating a cut-off date. A service charge of $20.00 shall be charged after the stated cut-off date whether or not service has been disconnected.
Service may be disconnected at any time after the cut-off date without further notice.
Reconnection fees after cut-off are performed must be payable by cashier’s check, money order, or cash prior to reinstatement of service. An additional deposit shall also be assessed according to Section 15.
Temporary Water Service
A charge of $40 per week will be made for usage up to 2,000 gallons.
Any additional usage will be charged at $4.00 per 1000 gallons.
Returned Check Charge
Personal and business checks returned by a bank or other financial institution for any reason are subject to a penalty fee of $30.
Utility deposits for all new residential accounts shall be $100.00 When any residential account is turned off for non-payment, an additional $50 deposit shall be charged each time before the service will be turned back on. Residential deposits may total as much as $160 per account.
Commercial and multi-family accounts shall be assessed an initial deposit of $150.00 An additional deposit may be required if said account is turned off for non-payment.
The City of Slaton is divided into two billing zones based on geography. Because each zone is determined by where you live, you cannot change your bill date.
- Zone One – Account numbers beginning with 01 to 06
- Zone Two – Account numbers beginning with 07 to 14
Customer Service Inspection Fee
There shall be a $15 fee assessed for inspection on every new or any existing premises suspected of substandard plumbing.
Birth and Death Certificate
To get a copy of a birth or death certificate, please fill out the Application for a Certified Copy of a Birth or Death Certificate.
Birth Certificates – $23
Death Certificates – $21 plus $3 for each additional death certificate ordered at the same time
Only qualified applicants can obtain a certified copy of a confidential record. A qualified applicant includes:
- The person whose record is being requested
- An immediate family member of the person, either by blood, marriage, or adoption
- The person’s guardian, legal agent, or representative
- A person showing direct and tangible interest in the record to implement a law or to protect personal property
Birth records are kept confidential for 75 years. Death records are kept confidential for 25 years.
- Do not surrender your birth certificate to anyone unless you know it will be returned to you
- Do not carry a birth certificate in your wallet or purse except when needed
Garage Sale Permit
Garage sale permit fees are $5. Garage sale permits are sold subject to these considerations:
- They are non-refundable.
- They are valid for a maximum of two consecutive days.
- There can be no more than two garage sales per address per year.
Dance permits shall only be issued if in compliance with City ordinances and state laws.
Applications for dance permits shall be filed with the City Secretary at least 48 hours before the dance is to begin. The dance permit fee is $10.
How do I get new service started?
You will need to come in and fill out an application. Bring your driver’s license and social security card. A $100 deposit will be required for setup.
Where can I pay my bill?
Payments may be made in the following ways:
- In person at City Hall, or the drive-up window from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- In the night depository located next to the drive-up window
- In the mail
- By bank draft (you must provide us with the bank information)
- Pay on-line
How do I request a copy of my birth certificate?
You will need to come in and fill out an application, bring your identification (driver’s license or other ID), and you must have been born in Slaton.